Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Week 10 Reflections

Dear Courtney and all friends,

The time has come to say good bye  to   all  of you and we should  bow down  to the law of nature. However, the sweet memories will retain  as  ever lasting marks within me. Courtney, the Course  Coordinator was really a role model. We all wanted to be one like her.

After introducing ourselves we started with posting to the Nicenet and Blogging.The mere concepts   turned into real life activities. The ground rules we all presented along  with  self  introduction were like a revelation of character of each one. We developed strong bonds despite the fact each one lives thousand miles far away from the other.

Each week we had to post on Nicenet and the on the  Blogger. From the very beginning  we were informed about the final project. Commenting on the posts of the peers once again was a marvelous experience and  we learned how  to learn.

Nicenet, ABCD model, Delicious page, Noodle tools, Rubi star, Web quest, Level of Technology  Integration  were completely unheard concepts for me. Blogging, Web Searching ,Project Based  Learning, Using Technology in  Large Classes, Rubrics, Learner Autonomy, One Computer  Classrooms, Online tools for Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing and Grammar, Learning Styles and Multiple Intelligences  are known but  little tested concepts.

The interesting revelations about  ourselves  were made through Learning Styles   and Levels of  Technology Integration. They were pleasant surprises for me which can be useful  throughout my teaching  career. Moreover, I should make a note of Technology in  Large Classes. They would have been frightening experiences for me forever, hadn't the web sites  been  provided  through the course material.

I was asked to conduct a one day workshop on the web skills by the Coordinator, Extension Courses in English, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.Since I feel confident,I agreed to do  it for about 50 teachers  in January 2013.

All these things will be real life experiences to me because of you Courtney. You are unique and   the way you  conducted the course impressed me a lot.Here, I would be failing in my duties if I could not mention about my course mates. I shared knowledge, attitudes and skills with you too.Thank you very much.

Wish you joy, happiness and victory in all your future endeavors.

Disna.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Disna

    I must congratulate you for this amazing post.It is poetic like Wordsworth's definition of emotions recollected in tranquility.

    Best wishes for your future.

    Please keep in touch.

    Regards

    Raj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Raj,

      It's simply delightful to read your comments.Thanks for the compliments.

      Best wishes,
      Disna

      Delete