Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Reflections of week 9

Dear all,

It's so painful to me to think the course is nearing to its end .But according to the law of nature everything started should come to an end.In spite of the busy schedule,immense happiness i derived from the course cannot be expressed in words.I  was fully engrossed and I cannot think of a life without readings,discussion threads and other web resources.

My husband and the son had  hard times when I was doing my work .But two of them were very cooperative and encouraged me to the very end.Nicenet forum,blogger,google docs.were all new experiences to me.For a long time ,I wanted to create a class.I never asked anyone and I was waiting till the right time comes.I'm so lucky that I got the chance to follow the web course through a friend of a mine.I worked enthusiastically,to get good grades from Courtney, my dear lecturer.I was fully engrossed with technology enhanced lesson plans,project Based Learning,Alternative Assessment,learner Autonomy,Rubrics and Blogging.Though the work load was very heavy,I didn't neglect my routing work till the middle of the seventh week .

I had a fall on the 14thNovember and my right hand was fractured I was in tears not for the pain  but fear of not being able to finish my assignments at the web course.Courtney was informed   the situation by my son ,I was permitted to do the  assignments of week7 later.If not the words of encouragement by Courtney,the course would have been only a dream.Apart from the assistance of Courtney, I would never forget the support I got from the school. The principal, English teachers at the Advanced Level section and my dear students assisted me a lot. I conducted the class  for the students whom I selected to do the project of the course. The students were encouraged by the course work. First they wrote on the class blog and then on their own blogs. I was amazed at their creativity of  them  and actually it was the students  who encouraged me to fulfill everything on time, They wrote summaries and their future plans and commented on the work of the peers. Beside, they did online grammar exercises. They enjoyed their work to the maximum and  were offering the full support.
. They were learning  to learn and understood that learning was a process. Furthermore They realized the responsibility of learning lies in their hands too. They loved self and peer correction.I realized that technology related change worked out very well and they worked enthusiastically..It was the first time that they wrote on a blog and  it was a big experience for them. Furthermore,they understood  the correct way of using tenses and prepositions. They expressed their happiness when they got a chance to upload images on the blogs.Catering to the different learning styles may be secret of success.

We, the participants of the course should be grateful to Courtney, the Coordinator of the course. She has planned the course from  simple to the complex set of information and tools. I had to seek her assistance several times and she readily offered me help .. To be frank, she is the guiding star throughout the course.I was amazed by the maturity and the tolerance she displayed to the very end. Here, I would be failing my duties if I did not say anything about my peers. Yes,my peers,you all are definitely wonderful friends and many a times I was benefited a lot  by you.

Let me conclude wishing you every happiness and victory in all your future endeavors .Best of luck.

With lots of love,
Disna   




1 comment:

  1. Disna,

    This post is simply delightful to read. You have done a thorough reflection of the course, your experiences along the way, and all that you have learned. I want to thank you for all the positive feedback and appreciation you have expressed.

    Best,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete