Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Week 7 My reflections

I had to start very late due to the fall I had. My right arm was fractured and still I'm not very well fit enough to work. ' Time and Tide waits for no man ' and I started .because I didn't want to be left alone..

The articles on learner autonomy were really interesting. I learned  a lot. I understood an autonomous learner can do wonders in the world with the help of an autonomous teacher. I was specially impressed by the article ' Learner Autonomy : Bird-in-the-hand or Bird-in-the-bush '. The author sends us a message to be an autonomous teachers..

Project
Background:
It is a class of 30 boys who sit for the G.C.E.  advanced Level Examination.. They are all teenagers of 18 years old. They don't care about their grammar when they speak and their writing skills are low. Because their main aim is getting through the examination and entering the campus, they are not highly motivated to learn English.

Setting :-
The class room and the interactive white board room.

The goals of the course :-
-  to develop the grammatical competence to contribute to accuracy and   fluency.
-  to write precisely connecting all the given ideas.
-  to develop capacity to work in groups.
-  to develop capacity for analysis and synthesis.
-  to develop independent learning making them autonomous learners.
-  to develop their critical thinking by commenting on others writing.

Technology related change project goals :-
-  to access and write creatively on the blog which the teacher has created for them.
-  to create their own blogs according to the instructions given by the teacher.
-  to educate them  the clear purpose for creating and posting to the blogs.

Needs of the learners ;-
-  to develop writing and reading skills to communicate more effectively in English.
-  to develop technology skills along with their English language skills.
-  to be more resourceful and autonomous learners.

Achievements up to now :-
-  They were highly motivated.
-  They were able to write precisely, accurately and appropriately.
-  The overall ability of critical thinking was fairly good.

 I'm proud.myself.Everything was possible .because of you Courtney...      Thanks a lot Courtney and all the course mates.

 Disna

2 comments:

  1. Hello Disna,

    I am sorry you broke your arm. I am really proud of you! You don't lack behind and go on working!

    I love teaching grammar. I think you will inspire your 30 boys to speak correctly, fluently and accurately, because you have mentioned clearly the goals, and needs they have. I think blogging will enhance their writing.

    Take care,
    Ina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Disna,

    I wish you all the best and a really quick recovery! Just as Ina said, I am very proud of you and your determination to make it to the end of the course! You are doing a really great job!

    All the best,
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete